Traditional Hares Ear
- TMC 2302 Size 14 Hook
- 1/8” Gold Tungsten Bead
- Black or Brown UTC 70 Thread
- Pheasant Tail
- Gold UTC Brassie Wire
- Wapsi Rabbit Naturall All Purpose Dubbing
- Wapsi Mottled Turkey Quill
- Clear Cure Goo Hydro
- Start by putting the bead on your hook and putting in the vice.
- Wrap the thread behind the bead and secure to the hook, cut off any excess.
- Wrap the thread to the end of hook then taking a small amount of pheasant tail tie in the tail of the fly.
- Take a couple wraps up to were you will form the thorax of the fly and tie in the wire.
- Take the thread back down to the tail, from here take your dubbing and apply it to the thread creating a small cigar dubbing noodle.
- Wrap your dubbing noodle up to just above where the wire was tied in at.
- Candy cane your wire up your hook putting a lot of pressure on the wire so that it flattens out the dubbing. Once at the point where the dubbing stops tie in the wire.
- Cut off roughly ten turkey quills and tie in on top of the fly at the point where the dubbing stopped.
- Apply more dubbing to the thread, forming another dubbing noodle. Wrap this noodle to just behind the hook, leaving just a little room in between the dubbing and the bead.
- Pull the turkey quills up and over the thorax of you and tie in tight using that bit of space you left when dubbing the thorax.
- Apply a small amount of CCG Hydro on the turkey quills, zap with UV light.