- 5/64” Black Tungsten Bead
- Mustad CO68 Size 18-22 Hook
- Black UTC 70 Thread
- Silver UTC Brassie Wire
- Start by getting the bead onto the hook and placing in vice.
- Wrap the thread behind the bead, after the thread is secure clip off excess.
- Behind the bead tie in the wire and start taking wraps with the thread back to the bend of the hook.
- Take several wraps go up and down the hook to form the body of the midge.
- Once at the the desired level take your wire and candy cane it up to the bead of the hook.
- Tie off the wire, whip finish, and the fly is done.