Frenchie Pheasant Tail
- TMC 2302 Size 12-14 Hook
- 1/8” Black Tungsten Bead
- Brown UTC 70 Thread
- Pheasant Tail
- UTC Peacock Holo Tinsel
- Wapsi Mottled Turkey Quill
- Wapsi Golden Stone Awesome ‘Possum
- Gold UTC Brassie Wire
- Start by putting the bead on your hook and putting in the vice.
- Wrap the thread behind the bead and secure to the hook, cut off any excess.
- Wrap the thread to the end of hook then taking a small amount of pheasant tail tie in the tail of the fly.
- Take a couple wraps up to were you will form the thorax of the fly and tie in the wire and the holo tinsel.
- Cut off 3-4 turkey quills and tie them in at the tail of the hook. Take your thread to bead of the hook. Using a hackle plier take the turkey quills up to the bead of the hook and secure them in with your thread.
- Pull your holo tinsel up and over the fly to the bead of the fly then secure.
- Candy cane the wire up to bead of the hook and secure the wire with your thread.
- Take the Awesome ‘Possum and apply to the thread to make a loose dubbing noodle. Wrap this dubbing noodle several times behind the bead then whip finish.